CASE STUDY: Smyths Toys
Streamlined Workforce Management processes with valuable data from ProMark and SAP
Smyths Toys is the leading toy store in Ireland, founded in 1987. With over 100+ stores, Smyths Toys is present all across the UK and Ireland, providing children’s entertainment products within all categories at the lowest prices.
The company is headquartered in Galway in Western Ireland and has expanded from here to the entire Ireland and UK.
The company employs about 3,500 people and the workforce doubles in the run up to Christmas.
- ^Too many manual processes related to the wages administration
- ^Management did not have a full overview of the attendance rate throughout the organisation, due to the many different shop locations
- ^Need for improving the transparency and effectiveness of time & attendance and absence data
- ^Need for consistency in all stores with regards to time & attendance and wages processes
- ^Reduce time spent on manual, administrative processes
- ^Improve control of whether legislation and working time rules are respected
- ^Access to reporting from a central database, containing data from all stores
- ^Forecasts of hours associated with the roster plans in each store
- ^ Time & Attendance and absence registration
- ^Employee scheduling
- ^Web portal for store management
- ^Terminals in all shops for employee registration
- ^Integration to Sage payroll system and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central via REST APIs
- ^A more streamlined process for the collection of time and attendance data in all stores with terminals that can be monitored and maintained centrally
- ^Store managers are able to roster their employees more efficiently with actual absence data from SAP SuccessFactors
- ^Central management can get a full overview of employee attendance, absence and hours spent across the organisation and per store
- ^Less time spent on processing payroll data and fewer human errors
- ^Reduction of administrative costs
- ^More efficient staff rostering according to company demands, ensuring compliance with legislation and agreements and giving an overview of hours
Talk to our experts
Learn how ProMark can help you optimise your workforce, improve productivity and generate savings. Schedule a demo or call sales to get an introduction.