CASE STUDY: Coop Albertslund distribution centre
Optimum capacity management ensures goods on time
Coop is Denmark’s largest retail company operating the supermarket chains Kvickly, SuperBrugsen, Dagli‘Brugsen and coop.dk and the subsidiaries Irma A/S and Fakta A/S.
Coop is also the oldest retail company in Denmark and is owned by its members. In January 2013, Coop joined FDB (the joint association for Danish cooperatives).
Together with its independent cooperatives, Coop Danmark has 1,200 stores, annual sales of DKK 54 billion and approx. 40,000 employees.
- ^Difficult to get valid data due to unrelated, partially self-invented systems with manual workflows
- ^Capacity is managed based on historic forecasts and personal experiences up to the day before delivery
- ^Risk of data and decision errors
- ^Consolidation of planning data
- ^Increased automation so time is spent on making the right decisions, not on obtaining data
- ^Enhanced ability to react
- ^Load levelling over the day, week, month and year
- ^Business Intelligence in ProMark with integration to Analyzer and PowerBI. This combines ProMark data cubes with other cubes for daily follow-up as well as long-term planning
- ^Time & Attendance registration with integration to payroll
- ^ProMark staff roster planning
- ^Registration via web portal and terminals
- ^Real-time data and thus, a fact-based basis for decision-making
- ^Better balance between capacity and work load in the medium and long term
- ^Better utilisation of employees' working hours through efficient staff roster planning
- ^Reduction of non-activity based hours
- ^Central planning
- ^Fast and flexible planning and re-planning through continuous monitoring and simulation
- ^Less overtime among warehouse workers and fewer standby calls
- ^Saved time on scheduling
Talk to our experts
Learn how ProMark can help you optimise your workforce, improve productivity and generate savings. Schedule a demo or call sales to get an introduction.